Wednesday

One to one marketing - embrace WOM to succeed

Oscar wild wrote : Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

An example of this ( fashion by it's very nature thrives because of this ) on the web with a website web site devoted to tattoos - an art form which each of the people in the pictures will tell you is part of their identity , their uniqueness - looking through the pages and pages of pictures I would disagree !

One to one marketing does not take into account my status within peer groups, it does not maximise my ability to influence others - as Oscar so rightly points out , we all copy in some form or another.

Companies who use relationship marketing need to stop focusing on the biased rationale of their relationship with the customer and focus on the relationships these people have with others. If we do not widen our focus , changing my behaviour is ( if we take into consideration the above ) going to very difficult.

Focusing on me directly without giving me the tools or great product to talk about with my social circle does not maximise my influence group. My conversation could be the tipping point many of us need to make that purchase.

No comments: